How to Apply Gels/Creams Topically
1. Gather up all equipment needed, and thoroughly read and understand the directions. (Figures 1 & 2)
2. If for instance the directions say apply 1 milliliter topically, then we are to apply ONLY 1 milliliter. (Figures 3 & 4)
3. Make sure your hands are washed, and the body part you are applying the topical is clean by wiping with alcohol wipe.
4. Remove the cap of the syringe. (Figure 5)
5. The syringe is broken down into increments of mL (Milliliters); the plunger must start out at the 10mL mark indicating that there is 10mL of gel or cream in the syringe. (Figure 6)
6. Hold the syringe with your dominant hand over the desired spot of application (i.e. behind the knee or on the inner thigh). (Figure 7)
7. Push the plunger with your thumb or other hand so that ONLY the specified amount leaves the syringe. (Figure 8)
8. Rub the indicated amount excreted from the syringe on your application site until the cream or gel is no longer visible. (Figures 9 & 10)
9. Place cap back on syringe and store away for next application.
10. Wash hands when complete.
11. Keep this area dry for 4-6 hours and avoid getting wet.
Types of Gels and Creams:
1. Types of gels and creams may include the following either as a combination or alone: Estradiol, Testosterone and Progesterone.
2. These come in 5, 10, or 20 milliliters no matter what size the syringe is.
3. The gel or creams are preloaded into a syringe which includes the plunger and cap.
1. NEVER USE ORALLY!
2. Avoid getting in eye or open wounds.
3. If swallowed consult your physician immediately.